Laya Health insurance renewal 1 day early 10% cheaper

Jasper101

Hi

I have received a renewal quote for health insurance plan Laya Flex 250 Explore.
The renewal date is the 1st June 2018(term 1st June 2018 to 31st May 2019 12 months) at a cost of 2826.

I went onto the Laya website and selected the same plan Laya Flex 250 Explore with same member details.
When I selected start date 31st May 2018 (term 31 May 2018- 30 April 2019 11 months) the price includes a 10% discount and is approx 294 euro cheaper than selecting start date of the 1st June 2018 (taking into account 1 month less term). No discount applies in June

My question is can I start my new policy 1 day before the old policy ends? or is there any problem doing this.

Hi Jasper

1. I don't think there is an issue - I did something very similar a couple of years back without issue.
2. You will get a new member number as soon as u sign up and I would suggest u contact Laya and ask them to link your old and new member numbers on their systems.
3. U mention there is no 10% discount in June - and this is the case currently .... but if past experience is anything to go by there is a very strong possibility that a June discount will appear as we approach the end of May. Can't guarantee it - but very likely.

Back