Health Insurance got renewed without my permission

athene_niu

Could
anybody help to give some suggestions regarding my Irish life health insurance?
My previous company cancelled my policy on 4th March 2018, and I didn't contact them for 13 weeks until 30th May to ask some question about renewal. And since the previous company's option was too expensive, I said I will have a look at the other options he gave to me, and get back to him. But to my surprise, I noticed my policy got renewed automatically with previous company option. And I didn't get any notification from letters, emails or text.
I contacted them to complain this is not under my permission and got an answer that they need to investigate. And after another week, they get back to me and say I agreed they carry on the renew through the phone. This is ridiculous as I still haven't decided which option I would change to and how could I renew my policy?
I asked them to cancel my policy, and they told me they would cancel from the date I send them a request and apply a mid-term cancellation charge which is half premium.

I want to raise a complaint, but checked seems I couldn't log complain in Ombudsman? Anybody could help with my case?

Thanks for your help in advance!
kun

As a starting point, they should have a recording of the phone call where they claim you renewed the policy. Ask them to provide you with a transcript of that phone call.

As a starting point, they should have a recording of the phone call where they claim you renewed the policy. Ask them to provide you with a transcript of that phone call.

I sent the request by email and they think it's going to take 30 days to get back to me.

In relation to the Ombudsman (FSOB) you would probably need first to go through the insurer's complaints process and then get a final decision letter. If you receive no satisfaction you should then be clear to proceed to deal with the FSOB.

Back