Health insurance for Mum and 4 kids

Aisling16

Hi,

I'd really appreciate it if someone could advise me. We have always had health insurance (my husband has his own with work). The next year is going to financially very tight but I am still determined to keep us insured even if its only basic. My husband doesnt think its necessary to insure children and feels that they would be looked after through the public system? I don't agree with him!

Would anybody be able to recommend a basic but adequate plan for myself and the 4 kids? I was looking at the Irish Life Kick Start Plan and i could insure us for €1300 approx. Not sure though. Is that too cheap to be any good?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Confused!

I don't fancy the Kick Start plan. The VHI One plans are half price for kids and fourth and subsequent kids are free. If it was me and I'd probably put the first three kids on One Plan Complete (€168 each) and the youngest on Company Plan Executive (for free, and "should" refund €40 for routine dental and €75 for A&E, amongst other things). One Plan Starter @ €572 looks as good/bad as Kick Start for you, but you should be able to insure the kids with VHI and yourself with Laya (Essential Health 300 may suit you @ €933) [broken link removed]

snowyb will likely unearth better options for you if you supply your renewal date.

Last edited:
Back