Haven's repayment figure v Karl's repayment figure

sylvin

Hi all,

Just wondering what you think of this. I received my letter from Haven about the new SVR rates which they are changing from 4.6% to 4.35% They also include the old and new repayment values and they have reduced by just over e40. I was looking at Karl's mortgage calculator and something interesting came to light.

I put in all my details and at the 4.6% rate Karl's repayment amount is cheaper by e17 and hte 4.35% rate he is cheaper by e23. The only way I can get both sets of figures to nearly match up is by putting 4.7% and 4.45% into the online calculator. Any idea why this might be happening?

FYI, they are also offering new fixed rates and the lowest available is 3.8% for 2 or 3 years. If I assume that is more like 3.9% on the online calculator, that is offering me a reduction of e145 a month which is obviously very tempting as I am in year 7 of my mortgage (bought in 2008) so the end of TRS is looming. Should I? Shouldn't I? Is the feeling still that the rates may come down even more so should I wait?

This is the one I was looking at :

www . drcalculator . com / mortgage / ie /

The Haven letter just says that the existing rate is 4.60% and the new interest rate is 4.35% which I put into the interest box on the calculator.

This may be relevant:

[broken link removed]

Thanks Lender's figures do vary but at least I know to add 0.1 to the figures to get a closer approximation so I can still use it to test extra payments etc.