Have you received a spam email addressed to your Askaboutmoney user name?

Discussion in 'Discussion of askaboutmoney hacking July 2014' started by ladybird, Apr 21, 2015.

1. thedaddyman

thedaddyman Frequent Poster

I got one this morning, $1538 in commission. :D

Sue Ellen likes this.
  2. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

Same as me!
    What will you spend yours on?

3. thedaddyman

$/€ rate is pretty good as well at the minute so timing was nice. Possibly a trip to Nigeria, I hear from my friend, the Prince, that the weather is nice out there this time of year. He's in touch quite regularly as well.:D

4. Ceist Beag

Ceist Beag Frequent Poster

Dan is still sending me commission, the post must be slow this week as none have arrived yet...

5. Nobizere

Nobizere Frequent Poster

Dan's being good to me too. I was unaware there was a hacking here, but I'm assuming it was just a collection of email addresses. I mean, I can't imagine Dan and his buddies will be posting on my behalf. :)

6. Marion

Marion Moderator

Only getting $1534.39 from Dan.

Must be a reduced public sector rate ;)

Marion

Vanilla and Sue Ellen like this.
  7. DCD

DCD Frequent Poster

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Brendan,
    I have got An E-mail from Dan every day for a week. What should I do.I am not really IT savvy.
    Cheers

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  8. CiaranT

CiaranT .

I have started to get these emails as well. Probably very little that can be done to stop it.

9. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

There is nothing at all you can do to stop people sending you spam. Some people have asked for their Askaboutmoney account to be deleted, but that has no effect as they got your email address last July.

Best is to have a spam filter which filters it out in the same way as any other spam.

Brendan

10. DCD

DCD Frequent Poster

Thanks Brendan have just done that have a good weekend.

11. Billo

Billo Frequent Poster

I have been getting these mails from Dan Gilbert as well with same commission amount.
    Next week I should do better, or so he says.

putsch likes this.
  12. thedaddyman

4 mails in the last 24 hrs. he wants to help me make $31k, which is nice of him

13. CiaranT

CiaranT .

I have added a filter to my Gmail account to auto delete these emails on receipt.

14. so-crates

so-crates Frequent Poster

Am feeling totally rejected :( Dan Gilbert isn't offering me any of the moolah! ;)

Marion likes this.
  15. super mam

super mam Registered User

I haven't been on aam site in quite some time, I am also getting spam from Dan Gilbert and also Norbert banker,about 6 in total, this is the only site that I have this user name, so they are using my email and user name, very annoying

16. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

Still no sign of the money. I'm beginning to think the whole thing might be a scam!

so-crates and Sue Ellen like this.
  17. thedaddyman

Maybe you should open a thread on AAM on their failure to make payment and what are your options?

Meanwhile I got a mail from Norbert today as well. I feel like I am in a bad Carry on movie, Nobby Banker is getting dumped into my spam box :eek:

18. Vanilla

Vanilla Frequent Poster

Is it a coincidence that both Marion and I have only been offered the reduced rate, or is Dan Gilbert a closet misogynist? Furthermore one of his emails was addressed to 'Guys guys guys guys... and girls... :)', beginning to see a theme emerge?

Marion likes this.
  19. Marion

Marion Moderator

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Dan hasn't replied to me with an offer of money since I mentioned his anti-public Sector bias.

Couldn't handle his exposure on AAM , I suppose.

I'll be honest Vanilla, I hadn't seen his misogninistic bias, but now that you mention it...

Marion

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Vanilla likes this.
  20. Slim

Slim Frequent Poster

Got anothe rspam this morning, addressed to my AAM username.

"We are confirming your order with the below details:
    Order Date: 7/7/2014
    Order Amount: $97.00
    Discount: ($97.00)
    Amt Charged: $0.00
    Your download is ready here:

*NOTE*: Your private download link is ONLY valid for 24 hours - please claim your order ASAP.
    Enjoy the cash,
    Naomi"