Has the buying/selling season ended already?

Petal,
that's not true at all. Many people want something done about this, and perhaps the government will do something in a last gasp attempt to forestall a crash, but there is no indication from anyone at present that this will happen. There are several discussions on the unequitableness and stupidity of the system currently in operation on AAM.

Oh, I see. I got the impression from two of the posters here that they had some inside knowledge and that this was very much in the pipeline... not that I don't think it would be a great idea, but it would upset me, since I'm just about to throw 24K at the revenue!

Hi bumper,

Patience is the key for selling your house. It may be just that the wrong set of people have seen your house at the wrong time. Keep waiting you will soon find someone put in a bid in excess of 381 as the house prices can go only higher.

Good luck

house_hunter said:
the house prices can go only higher.

HUH !!!!?????

The house price may or may not go higher , house prices can go up as well as down.

Hi all

I think people are getting confused!!! :)

I'm (BUMPER) the one who's trying to sell their house and wondering if the season is ended.
Lmd is the one who's hijacked the post and is in the 381 situation.

If any of the encouragement IS for me, then thanks very much - its really needed!!

lmd - the market is dictated by the buyers. If you're not going to get over 381 now then I would take the house off the market and try again in Sept or next Spring (if you're in Dublin. If somewhere else in Ireland then there doesnt seem to be seasons as someone said on this thread)

Yes season has ended. It will recommence around Sept (in the rush before xmas)

You could try scrubbing the house up a bit and maybe changing the pictures of it to more attractive ones.

Friend of mine who I was househunting with recently really noticed the difference when ringing EAs to see a house that looked more attractive in pictures - even if it turned out to be pretty horrible (which happened twice) - they were literally queing up to see it.

From recently posts on AAM, it does seem that a lot of potential buyers are having trouble getting mortgages, but it may also be the case that first time buyers are increasingly being priced out of the market. It may be a subjective view however, could be totally wrong there.

lff12 said:
You could try scrubbing the house up a bit and maybe changing the pictures of it to more attractive ones.

Friend of mine who I was househunting with recently really noticed the difference when ringing EAs to see a house that looked more attractive in pictures - even if it turned out to be pretty horrible (which happened twice) - they were literally queing up to see it.

From recently posts on AAM, it does seem that a lot of potential buyers are having trouble getting mortgages, but it may also be the case that first time buyers are increasingly being priced out of the market. It may be a subjective view however, could be totally wrong there.

This is an excellent point. Take some digital pics of your house a while it's sunny. It will look very appealing during a frosty October moning. Also, spend some money on the garden. Get new roll out grass, get rid of old bags of cement, remove the kiddies bike etc. These will all add to the impact in Autumn.

Cut the grass, having the freshly cut grass smell helps. Another technique would be to put a few vanllia pods in the oven half an hour before viewings or have a pot of coffee brewing.

Back