AIB Has anyone with a borderline case complained about being excluded from the 300 Cohort?

I broke out on Jan 15th 2009, after beginning the process on Jan 5th 2009, and have yesterday got a full and final response from AIB, after quering my exclusion from the 300 cohort, in August. So after about 7/8 holding letters, the full and final response, stating AIB were correct in not including my came yesterday !!
I had also in August, queried the simple/compound interest matter, and also they feel they are correct on this matter.
I plan to go to FSPO, as I paid a large breakage cost, only 4 days post AIB's proposed cut off point, after beginning the process within the cut off date. (fax/letters proving this).
Any comments/advice/ other experiences would be greatly welcomed on this.
Attached my final response.

1616753932136.png

1616753957891.png

1616754001941.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Still awaiting our response here too, I complained regarding being excluded as we actively sought our options for breaking in late 2008//early 2009. It took several attempts to get our breakage costs which eventually arrived in Feb 2009. I complained that had the bank given us our options promptly we would have broken earlier and been eligible. I'm expecting that they reject this and will have to go to the FSPO regarding it.

Still awaiting our response here too, I complained regarding being excluded as we actively sought our options for breaking in late 2008//early 2009. It took several attempts to get our breakage costs which eventually arrived in Feb 2009. I complained that had the bank given us our options promptly we would have broken earlier and been eligible. I'm expecting that they reject this and will have to go to the FSPO regarding it.
Have you gotten anywhere on this issue ?
I have logged.complaint woth FSPO and am currently in the Mediation process

Complaint was rejected as expected by AIB and I'm still gathering my thoughts to go to the FSPO with it. Annoyingly they again made reference to never having a tracker and not suffering any financial consequence in the rejection which only spurs me to chase this until its end!

Back