Has anyone used "importanewcar.ie"

Looks interesting, but no mention of VRT anywhere? Also, their charging structure doesn't really appeal to me:

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]This service is priced based on what it would cost a consumer to carry out the process themselves. The beauty is that all the real profit remains with the consumer. In many cases it should work out that after one year’s use of the a vehicle it will still be worth what you paid for it. Our payment is broken down as follows,

Basic cost one off charge : €750

If the savings are greater than €7,500, we charge 10% of the savings.

i.e. if the savings are €5,000 we would charge €750 for the service. If the savings are €8,000 we would charge €800 for the service (10%).
[/size][/font]

per the website..............

After arrival in Ireland the car is liable for VAT and VRT. ImportaNewCar.ie does this on your behalf at a Vehicle Registration Office (VRO). VAT is charged at a fixed rate of 21% of the invoice price and the rate of VRT depends on the size of the engine and based on the Open Market Selling Price (OMSP) of the car here in Ireland.

I sent a copy of this link onto a friend of mine who was thinking of a Porsche Boxster. Wouldn't be a timewaster. Drives a BMW Z4 at present. He sent www.importanewcar.ie two e-mails and they never got back to him.

Lemurz said:
per the website..............

So do the prices quoted on their site include all VRT and VAT or are these payable separately? 'Doing it on your behalf' doesn't imply that they are included in the price quoted. If these taxes were included in the price, I would imagine that they would highlight that fact, but it doesn't appear clear to me.

Per their website.

"Contact us by phone, fax or email with the details of the car that you want. We will then go and get the best possible quote for you INCLUDING VRT & VAT"

Wouldn't make any sense if their prices didn't include VRT and VAT.

However getting hold of a quote from they would appear to be difficult.

better half took her car ( lawnmower with roof) daewoo matiz into main dealer in dundalk today for service prior to nct on friday. went to pick it up and enquired as to whether it was ok for nct. mechanic looked stunned and said it wouldn't pass on the lights as they were 'way off' and also didn't do an emissions check on it. seemed to think this was perfectably acceptable. if the lights were 'way off' what right had this main daewoo/chevrolet/nissan main dealer letting it back on the road?. unreal. and these people expect loyalty when it comes to repurchasing a new car. shoddy dealership to say the least. i know that this particular dealer will not be getting anymore business for herself. even if the have a lovely new shiny window.

tardis passed the nct ok. but does anyone know if those LT and LAT cars have their lights adjusted for left hand drive conditions? Notice a few PL cars around Newry but not around here, which seems strange.

Back