Has anyone noticed an increase in their ESB Bills?

M

mo3art

Our bill has increased by 65% in the past 3 months, we pay by monthly budget, but it's the highest it's ever been. Even allowing for seasonal variations and the price increase, I'm concerned.

We haven't added any new appliances or anything.

Anybody else having problems with the ESB?

estimated?

Have you checked which bills were estimated and which was actually based on a meter reading - perhaps they've just read your meter this time.

Re: no, don't think it's that

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

I've already spoken to the ESB - they confess that they have changed their billing systems and there are some "teething problems".

On foot of a recent conversation here [broken link removed] I was just trying to find out whether it is widespread or not.

Anybody?

high bills

My bill too is a lot higher than usual.
There is a notice in the latest bill explaining their new billing system. The bill shows 2 bills, one pre-price increase, and one post-increase. To complicate things, one of the bills is estimated so there is probably a correction amount to account for between the estimated and actual readings.

All in the customers interest of course.

BTW, the link in the previous mail is broken - too many httpsin the URL.

bill over double previous bills

Pretty much had a heart attack when I seen my bill. It's 130-150 more than any of the previous 6 bills. I know that there was a price increase but I wasn't expecting that. I've gone through last years bills and the number of units I've used is also double previous bills & they weren't all estimates.

Haven't checked the metre yet cos it's in the basement but will check first thing.

re

I contacted the E.S.B. regarding the hike in increases. In the last bill I got, I was informed that there was a standard increase of 4% due to inflation etc. There was also an increase of 7% due to the high cost of fuel. On contacting them, the fuel prices have considerably dropped and I asked the question " as banks up the interest rates when rates climb, and drop them when they go down - fuel prices have dropped are we going to see a reduction in our bills. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Re: re

that damn george bush. he should be crucified for pushing up the price of turf like that.

Re: Three Month Period

Got our latest bill yesterday and nearly dropped when I say it was a good EUR130 more than normal.

Read the enclosed leaflets and there seems to be a change in billing periods meaning that the latest bill is actuall for a three-month period as opposed to the standard two-month period. The next bill will be for the standard two-month period.

Kind of strange cause the bill is for the period till the end of Feb so all readings are estimations. Seems like a kind of a quick one to pull - they are effectively now getting paid one month in advance. Also, they'll pull in a lot of additional revenue this month from switching the billing periods.

I don't think we got any notice from them that they would be changing the billing periods nor that it would result in a higher bill (i.e. an extra month's charge). I'd imagine this would be troublesome to any families out there on a tight budget.

Back