Hard Brexit and execution brokers in UK

LoveTrees

So - as I understand - if Hard Brexit takes place all shares held with execution brokers in UK (e.g. ig.com, interactive investor, interactive brokers) need to be moved to a local execution broker in Ireland. Correct?

So - as I understand - if Hard Brexit takes place all shares held with execution brokers in UK (e.g. ig.com, interactive investor, interactive brokers) need to be moved to a local execution broker in Ireland. Correct?

Not necessarily.... any EU regulated entity should be fine. I'd say you'll find many of those mentioned have already established an EU vehicle

Many people have shares in US brokerages especially employees of US multinationals and they are not in the EU, so i dont see why there will be an issue with UK brokerage accounts.

Thank you all, I just hear different gossips around and I am trying to collect opinions... imho we are all heading to global recession at end of summer because of populism... just my opinion of course

Last March IG told me that I would not be able to trade after brexit. I implied from this that I’d have to move platform.

Back