HAP tenants

thecat777

Hi, we are about to rent out our property to HAP tenants. One point that bothers me is that the HAP payments are paid in arears, where I would like the rent to be paid in advance. Would it be legal to note in the lease that The HAP payments will be considered payment in advance rather than in arears. Tenant is willing to pay deposit and first month in advance. So if every subsequent HAP payment is considered payment in advance, this means I will refund the last payment to the tenant. All of this will be put in lease, I just wonder can I do that?

If it were legal and the tenant was happy to pay in advance I would certainly do it!!

One point that bothers me is that the HAP payments are paid in arears, where I would like the rent to be paid in advance. Would it be legal to note in the lease that The HAP payments will be considered payment in advance rather than in arears.
Don't do this, you could do yourself out of the last month's payment.

If the rent payments are in arrears then state that in the lease. If the tenant pays you the equivalent of two months rent up front then call this a deposit.

If you do it this way then there is no confusion. In the lease you are describing everything accurately.

Don't do this, you could do yourself out of the last month's payment.

If the rent payments are in arrears then state that in the lease. If the tenant pays you the equivalent of two months rent up front then call this a deposit.

If you do it this way then there is no confusion. In the lease you are describing everything accurately.
yes, this makes sense, thank you

Back