Habitual residence / block shed

Introuble83

I have a large block shed out my back garden approx 25sq meters . It’s built on boundary walls and has a metal roof . Insulated plasterboards and wired up etc. I am considering converting it to a usable bedroom / studio . This will not be for renting out will be for one of my older kids . Do habitual residence standards apply ? I know to rent it certain standards apply which I cannot meet. I would be looking to put in a small cheap kitchen , build a dry wall for separate bathroom with shower and toilet . Thanks

It looks like planning permission wasn't originally sought for this shed if it's built on a boundary wall. If you apply for retention, they will be conditions attached and one of them.will be it's to be used as shed/storage area only. In the meantime I can't see any issue with you turning it into habitual structure for one of your kids. It' only becomes an issue if you sell.

Thank you for the reply . It’s attached to a row of sheds for each house on the road . My only current problem is my neighbor has a kerosene boiler and tank in his and it stinks

I can't see, with kerosene fumes, how it would be suitable for anyone to occupy

. It' only becomes an issue if you sell.

Or if someone complains.

OP, it's not a great idea. The building regs on damp proofing, insulation, ventilation, etc. are all there for a good reason. It would likely cost a lot of money to bring this shed up to code.