GSM Module is broken - Alarm installer says that I need to get the APP

yygaurav

Hi All

I have an HKC alarm with GSM Module (i.e., if the alarm goes off, I get a text on my phone). It was installed five years ago, and now it is not working for some reason. I contacted the guy who installed it, and he says it is impossible to get the GSM module, and I need to upgrade to App.

I am ok with upgrading to App, but it has a subscription charge of 5 euros, and I am trying to figure out if there is a way that I don't need to pay subscription charges as I am happy with the basic functionality of getting text messages.

thank you
Gaurav

I am ok with upgrading to App, but it has a subscription charge of 5 euros, and I am trying to figure out if there is a way that I don't need to pay subscription charges as I am happy with the basic functionality of getting text messages.
In case you don't get sorted here you might trying posting on the Home Security forum on Boards (https://www.boards.ie/categories/home-security-systems).
Some installers post there and I got guidance on sorting a HKC issue previously.

Also doesn't really make immediate sense how installing an app will magically substitute for the GSM connectivity.... Talk to another (better informed?) installer?

Are you sure that the SIM card in your alarm is still functional and has a balance?

Back