Group Purchasing for Self builders and small builders

Patrick2008

I currently work in the construction industry as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and I am thinking of setting up a website/forum where self builders and small builders can come together to buy the same materials. The more people that come together in a particular region the higher the potential discounts. As I work in the construction industry I have built up many contacts over the years and many builders providers are eager to shift stock. What do you think?

I think you should offer your professional services to self-builders as well.
The self-building ethos issue centres on cost, but it should encompass competence also.
The very best of luck with the website - post a link here when its up so we can all have a look.

FWIW

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

I currently work in the construction industry as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and I am thinking of setting up a website/forum where self builders and small builders can come together to buy the same materials. The more people that come together in a particular region the higher the potential discounts. As I work in the construction industry I have built up many contacts over the years and many builders providers are eager to shift stock. What do you think?

Hi Patrick2008,

I think it is a great idea for selfbuilders or small builders they'd be glad of any further discounts they can get on materials. Would you think of posting this on www.boards.ie in the construction section - it probably has more traffic regarding the construction end of things than AAM. Good luck with your idea.

Angela59

Back