Gripe Water removed from market?

Gripe Water has no alcohol in it - just correcting above poster.

In Ireland NOW it should not contain alcohol as that it why it was removed from the market and non alcohol versions were introduced. However not all countries have the same rules and regulations and if ordering it off the internet the ingredients vary and you may end up ordering one that DOES contain alcohol.

Gripe water was removed from the market in the Rep of Ireland because it was seemingly 90% alcohol.

90% !!! That's more than vodka!

No, the figure was I believe closer to 4%. Alcoholic gripe water was removed from shelves in the UK several years ago, but vodka it was not...

Gripe Water has no alcohol in it - just correcting above poster.

If there is a new non-alcoholic gripe water on the market then I was not aware of that. Perhaps you should have read my post more carefully as it did NOT need correcting in this regard- I was referring to the gripe water which WAS taken off the market in the past because IT DID contain alcohol.

Sorry I didn't meant to imply you were incorrect - I did misread your post and have now gone back and reread it - yes indeed it did have alcohol in it but no where near the 90% you refer to. Actually it was taken off the shelves due to an EU directive but is now back on the shelves since the elimination of the alcohol.

[broken link removed] thats a link to the new product. I am not recommending this site just a link I found.

Back