Greenman Retail Series 4

G123

This fund is being offered to a friend of mine as having "an anticipated annualised return over 5 years of 8%" with "low to medium risk (ESMA risk rated 3)".
Am I missing something here or is this incorrect? The broker has put the above in writing (email) and it is also on one or two websites that i found. I can't find any official risk rating though.
Can anyone out there throw some further light on this?

It's an Irish company investing in German property development and getting its funding through brokers being paid a high commission.

What on earth could go wrong?

[broken link removed]

Brendan

This fund is being offered to a friend of mine as having "an anticipated annualised return over 5 years of 8%" with "low to medium risk (ESMA risk rated 3)".
Am I missing something here or is this incorrect? The broker has put the above in writing (email) and it is also on one or two websites that i found. I can't find any official risk rating though.

- There is no such thing as an official rating, you pay to get a rating
- Property is always a high risk asset no matter what anyone tells you
- All Irish property investment vehicles without exception are too small to provide any kind of reasonable risk diversification
- If they were able to regularly deliver up those kind of returns it would not be offered to the general public
- Time to find a broker, ‘cause this one is just a sales agent

I've lost business to people who have gone into this

"They promised me 8% return a year for 5 years"

"I don't promise returns but say I could offer you 12% return a year for 5 years?"

"You're just making that up!

...:rolleyes:

But seriously, a fundamental of investing is accepting that there is no such thing as an investment which will give you above average returns without the acceptance of above average risk and that above average risk does not guarantee higher returns.

If you are told you will get above average returns with below average risk, you are being lied to.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

I invested 75K in them over 5 years ago.I recently got it valued and it is now 85K .So 8% is incorrect

They have removed that page from their website -in fact, they have removed all pages bar contact us and about us

Sunny you asked to see what I got when I cashed out Greenman.I invested 75K in 2014 and I got back 89K in 2020. Actual gross figures

That's an annualised rate of return of 2.9%

Presumably, that's before tax

did you take the 'free' flight out to view the properties?
I was offered this fund a few years ago by RTE's latest celebrity financial whizz
:rolleyes:

I invested 75K in them over 5 years ago.I recently got it valued and it is now 85K .So 8% is incorrect

Sunny you asked to see what I got when I cashed out Greenman.I invested 75K in 2014 and I got back 89K in 2020. Actual gross figures

Return from investing in the Vanguard Global Equity index assuming an annual charge of 1%

I had a client move his pension last week to move into the Greenman fund. He too was given a promise of returns of 8% per annum. I don't make promises like that, so off he went.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

can’t get nav returns for each year from Greenman. Anytime I check their website they are maintaining everything is ok and quarterly distributions are being met. They have maintained that 2020 had returns of 5% but when digging deeper I discover it’s more like 1%. Has anyone any experience with this fund or this company.

Back