Government bans upward only rent reviews

426pc rent hike for shop was mistake, says agent

Funny case from Cork. Not quite sure how 53,000 gets mis-typed as 205,000.

REI seems to be doing us all a favour by laying bare the realpolitik of the situation.

Keep the balls in the air. Keep dodging, keep jumping. Fake numbers here, vitual contracts there. Don't ask questions. Accept the status quo.

The only saving grace has been when cases eventually make it to the Commercial Court that there is sufficient competence there to see these for what they are.

REI seems to be doing us all a favour by laying bare the realpolitik of the situation.

Some i offer respect and pity to some of the tenants of the points you have made yourself command respect. The points that Retail Excellence Ireland (REI) command nothing but for landlords of Commercial Property to put the boot in. REI make volumes of noise to try and make a point.

Whilst this is not a communist state the REI sound like a group that want us to turn that way. They would be better turning on the wholesalers and telling them to reduce their prices. And what about the chemists that are publically overcharging ?? Yet again nobody wishes to make a stand for the Public in this regard.

And in the case of some of the previous posts I made the Board of REI had better come out and show their hand on some of their Board members who have conducted their affairs in a very peculiar manner. And some that have had their franchisees not pay any rent because the business just didn't happen. But I forgot landlords should let people like these in rent free to see if the project works.

So before you all cast aspersions about landlords and before an opinion is cast, judge the matters from both sides.

Odd post. Can you post a link to back up any of these points?

I have no affiliation to REI and know nothing of it's board members.

[broken link removed]
This appears to be the only route available for rent renegotiation. This is no way to do business.

For those interested, next Tuesday and Wednesday, the Dail will debate a Labour Party bill to allow for downward review of commercial rents for existing leases.

And I wonder what odds are been given that he will not go through,

Very good article here:

[broken link removed]

Seven days on Grafton Street

Thought that this part had a few observations relevant to the thread:

Most important was that Korkys themselves obviously believed the Hype and simply requires a change in the law to bail them out.

Discussed on the The Frontline last night, should be on the RTE Player by now.

Nothing different to what's been highlighted on this thread over the last couple of years. However it does now appear to be accepted that these side deals are real. That the arbitration process is a sham and that legislation will be required as the system has failed to regulate itself.