good european holiday destination

D

dogpat

Hey,
Has anyone got any good recommendations for a nice european city for a weekend away? I've been to rome, paris, london, dubrovnik and prague
What about Munich - has anyone been?

How about Dublin ?

Seriously, Munich is a very nice city with excellent transport links in and around the city and plenty to do there. We spent a few days there last March in one of the Holiday Inns - I wouldn't particularly recommend it, but there seemed to be plenty of hotels in the area we were in - the outside end of LeopoldStrasse about 5 minutes walk from a u-bahn station. It suited us at the time because they had a Hertz office in the hotel and were near the ring road so it was easy for us to get out of the city - we had a trip out of the city we had to take, but otherwise we would have stayed in the city.

Amsterdam is always worth a visit. For me anyway.

Aer Lingus are doing €3 or €6 fares to both places at the moment, but I think the fares there are reasonably cheap anyway.

z

Try Budapest. It’s very laid back, lots of nice bars and restos, excellent public transport, lots of things to see and do or just hang loose. It’s very good value as well. But wrap up well as it’s a bit cold, below 10 degrees, at this time of year. Brussels is good fun as well and cheap to get to with Ryanair.

get away

How about Barcelona or Madird?

The Dam eh Zag, you saucy goat you.

Ultravox

Vienna is magic around Christmas time. It really is amazing with all the Xmas markets, hot wine, chestnuts, snow, decorations, concerts, ice skating etc etc. They really know how to celebrate Christmas.

It's a class city any time of the year but especially nice in Dec/Jan. Its expensive but not as bad as you might think...

Back