gold/orange pebbles for patio area

ANC

i've just called Roadstone for a price for gold/orange pebbles for our patio area. There are three prices for different types, €100, €120 & €220 for one tonne.

Does anyone know anywhere else i could get these pebbles as i think Roadstone are a bit expensive?

Thanks.

You could try Manor Stone, based in Co. Laois (they're in the book), they do a lot of pebble/ shingle (plus building stone etc. and they do runs to Dublin (or they did last time I bought from them). I paid €90 two years ago for a 1 tonne dumpy bag, delivered to my door. You probably won't do much better in price, it's dear stuff but looks the biz, you can buy the regular grey (limestone) pea gravel for a fraction of this price but it's not as effective, especially in small areas.

Thanks Carpenter, i'll try them then.

by the way the Roadstone prices ranged from €50 to €220 depending on what you wanted.

was it the gold/orange pebbles you got for €90

also whats the difference between the three prices Roadstone give/ are some better quality than others?

The pebbles I bought were a mix of light/ beige to yellow/ orange in colour, screened and washed approx. 3 - 10mm in diameter. It's basically shingle like you'd find at a stony beach, like Rosslare or Youghal. Its graded into fine, medium sizes etc. You can also buy very fine shingle, more like a grit, used for pathways etc. I'd say the price is based on the size, whether it's screened/ graded and washed and its colour. The grey pea gravel is very bland and common so is cheaper I suppose. If you intend on buying a reasonable quantity (more than a tonne or two) I'd recommend you visit their yard and see what you're getting.

Back