Given wrong information from real estate agent

Op consider pleading a case to the developer to have the 10sqm offset somehow - perhaps a compliant boiler room or bike shed or similar concession built free of charge? A higher finish in the kitchen or something - you get the idea.

Go in with a soft tone & explain the situation.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

This is exactly what I am thinking, we will not get a house with the same price, we are 100% going for the house, it’s just so disappointing and I am so mad that something like that can even happen. But again, we are lucky and privileged to be able to afford a house in the first place so I will just make the best out of it. Thanks a lot

I wouldn't refer to your position as priveliged, I guess you somehow earned your way to affording this house probaly through trading your labor for wages. You probably earned it.

It’s 10m2 smaller.
Depends on your circumstances. If you have a large family, that probably will be a issue, but if its just 1 or 2 adults, and not a 1 bed apartment, you are probably ok. I'm looking at the moment, and I'm fed up looking at "63m/sq" units that have 11m/sq or even 16m/sq taken up by hallways