Given wrong information from real estate agent

Op consider pleading a case to the developer to have the 10sqm offset somehow - perhaps a compliant boiler room or bike shed or similar concession built free of charge? A higher finish in the kitchen or something - you get the idea.

Go in with a soft tone & explain the situation.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

So 300sq feet approximately which is a utility room, so it's a fair bit of space.

I'm only suggesting this, but as we know the market is a bit stupid now and trying to get another property would be another job .

If the house that you thought you were getting isn't going to be built until next year its probably going to be more expensive so I would sit down and think about what you have and what you might have and the differences between everything. Also look at the positives as to why you chose the house, location, price, etc.

It's not ideal what has happened to you and I'm no fan of developers but walking away and restarting the search for a home is adding more stress.

This happened to us about 25years ago 1998, and I was furious for a long time, still bought the house and added a few bits , sold it in 2001 for 3 times we paid...

Theres a lot of non financial considerations to take into account and as others have said legally you don't have any recourse, the developer won't care and probably sell it at a higher price.

Again I'm only suggesting this and you need to make the decision.
This is exactly what I am thinking, we will not get a house with the same price, we are 100% going for the house, it’s just so disappointing and I am so mad that something like that can even happen. But again, we are lucky and privileged to be able to afford a house in the first place so I will just make the best out of it. Thanks a lot

This is exactly what I am thinking, we will not get a house with the same price, we are 100% going for the house, it’s just so disappointing and I am so mad that something like that can even happen. But again, we are lucky and privileged to be able to afford a house in the first place so I will just make the best out of it. Thanks a lot
I wouldn't refer to your position as priveliged, I guess you somehow earned your way to affording this house probaly through trading your labor for wages. You probably earned it.

It’s 10m2 smaller.
Depends on your circumstances. If you have a large family, that probably will be a issue, but if its just 1 or 2 adults, and not a 1 bed apartment, you are probably ok. I'm looking at the moment, and I'm fed up looking at "63m/sq" units that have 11m/sq or even 16m/sq taken up by hallways

Back