GF refused personal loan - why?

Snape

She was refused on the grounds that only her wages goes in there, and they dont know what she spends it on!!
It was a loan for 5k.
Surely its not any of their business what she spends her money on. Is it common for loans to be refused on these grounds?
In any case she has switched to my bank, who had no problem giving me unsecured loans of 12k, 20k, and now 35k.

Sounds a bit strange to me............surely they can see where her money goes if she's operating her account with them. Or does she withdraw all her cash from ATM & have no standing orders, direct debits or laser card?

No she has no other activity, our rent S/O comes from my account. The ESB bill is in her name, but we just moved in, so no activity on that front yet.
Other than that she just withdraws money, she has savings in CU, and a large investment lump sum in her other account.

Okay....in answer to your question as to whether it's any of their business, they'd argue that yes it is as they need to know what her spending habits are like to decide on the loan. In this case, I'd get going to another bank - current account and all.

I just though it a bit strange for such a small amount of money. The switch is done.

Back