Getting rid of waste (tiles, blocks, bricks, rocks from the garden etc.)

Jason_77

Can anyone offer advice/information on getting rid of waste.

The waste I am talking about is tiles, blocks, bricks, rocks from the garden etc.
Any of the recycleable waste has been removed to the recycling centre.

I am not talking about huge amounts of waste, but still need to get rid of it.

We are on a new development, but the foreman is relucant to allow us through it in one of their skips.
Before you say do it at night or something, security are still on site and are a regular patrol.

Any information on landfill sites etc would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Waste

Where are you liviing? People might be able to offer advice once they know

You could try the Ballealy landfill in Lusk. You need to pay to get it but they have loads of different locations for different types of waste. Fill the car/trailer to make it worth your while

stobear said:
You could try the Ballealy landfill in Lusk. You need to pay to get it but they have loads of different locations for different types of waste. Fill the car/trailer to make it worth your while

I am having the same problem at the moment... Ballealy is €24 or €28 per car with small 6x4 single-axle trailer...

There is another in Ballymount (South Dublin Co Co)... but they will not take DIY waste.

A skip is about €300 and I don't really want to spend that.

If you come up with anything else I would like to know.

If you go to Baleally, make sure you go in a private car pulling a small trailer, (no commercial vehicles) and the fee has to be paid in yellow bintags.If the stuff you have to get rid of is fairly decent why don't you advertise it on the Leinster branch of Freecycle?

Do you have that much that you'd need a standard size skip? That's a hell of a lot of rubble! You can get midi (less than €200) and mini skips (sorry, don't know the price).

Alternatively, look up the Golden Pages under waste disposal, there's a few companies that will call to you and do all the work required to take the stuff for (acconrding to the ads) less than the price of a skip.
Leo

Waste

If you have bricks and tiles they may be of use to someone else such as an old-age pensioner or someone who hasn't much money to spare for d.i.y to use for example as splash-back around cooker or washbasin. Put an advertisement in the local newsagent window or community centre offering them free to someone who can collect. The rocks, arranged in a stable mound and infilled with soil, could be the basis for your rockery/alpine feature in your new garden.

Thanks for all the replies.
Unfortunately, the tiles/bricks etc would be no good to anyone, as they are all just edge bits or broken bits.

Thanks for the suggestion of the rockery Marie, however do not want one in the garden (not in the forseeable future anyway).

I turned up loads of bricks, blocks, stone and rubble when doing my garden a few years ago. Some of this I re-used in the hard landscaping such as using some of the bricks/ blocks in supporting a deck. Rubble and such was used as filling beneath a patio- ok as long as it's clean. Broken flue liners were used to provide drainage in flower pots and planters, likewise old tiles can be used for this purpose. I picked up a big 600mm square porcelain tile which was waste and it now serves as an attractive and effective worktop saver in my kitchen next to the oven. I'm a bit of a hoarder anyway but I'd never dispose of clean material like this, there'll always be another possible use for much of this stuff.

I got a mini skip from Greenstar (!sorry, already forgotten their name!) this week - E145 for 3 days but if you want that doesn[t include the delivery and pickup days so can be 5 days for that price.

I got loads into mine.

Back