Getting paid for work, but Im not a business

reddeagle

Hi Guys,
I have done some work for a small over the last few years, mainly website work. They have asked me to charge them for the work, which is good of them. I had indented to do it for free because they were good to me when I was younger.

I will be charging them about 2000 Euro but not sure how to invoice them.

They would like a receipt that showed some vat on it. E.g. 2000 + 21 % VAT.

What's the best thing for me to do, can I just issue them an invoice with my name as the company and charge them this?

Or what would the best way around this one.

Any tips?

Invoice in your own name as you will have been a sole trader. Your name is your own so doesn't need to be registered! Dunno about the VAT - don't you have to be VAT registered?

I have a tip. Easy there cowboy. For starters you cant just be a company!! you will be invoicing them in your own name. just do up a simple invoice with your name and address and amount. You will not be just sticking 21% Vat on it because this would be fradulent...you are not registered to charge VAT so you would be collecting VAT to hold onto yourself...

You will have to declare this income to the revenue. And if you work PAYE will be taxed according to your rate/bands allowed.

Thanks for the advice, i will not put vat on the bill and just send in an invoice with out it detailed.

Cheers Guys,

just found this thread using search....

I too am a PAYE worker that has nominal sole trader income (3000 per annum)
I have a spreadsheet with my "Money In" and "Money Out" noted and a final profit/loss figure of +1500

what form do I fill in to inform the revenue of this +1500 profit? I don't know the name of it but it is due on October 31st sounds something like TR10

Back