Getting mortgage for UK/NI

suntot

Hi folks,

Just a quick query that someone may be able to help me out with. My partner and I have always been open to the possibility of buying a house in Northern Ireland or England, probably a buy to let. Does anyone know where our first port of call would be as regards to getting mortgage approval? I contacted a broker in England before but he said that we would have to be living in the country to get mortgage approval. So do I just contact a bank/building society in Ireland? If anyone has been through this process advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

A number of the banks here will give you a mortgage for UK properties. I know that IIB Homeloans do it.

Suntot, when I spoke to IIB they said that they could do it. However, when I submitted the forms, they wanted me to move my mortgage and to do an equity release on my PPR. I wasn't interested in this and I was pretty annoyed with them as I thought they should have mentioned this to me before I filled in the application form and got all the relevant documentation.

I contacted some UK brokers that I found on the web, and most of them said the max they could get me was 75% as I wasn't a UK resident. In the end I managed to get an 80% mortgage with a UK bank through a broker in the UK.

PM me if you want more details.

Back