Get your own back on Eircom in two small ways

Re: Eircom rep

See [broken link removed] on more fun & games from the Eircom winback team.

Re: Eircom rep

Any idea who would be the cheapest service provider for mostly local calls and the odd one to Canada?

re

Left eircon six months ago and will never ever go back to those cowboys, shame I've to keep line rental for a while more anyway.....
Down to the fact that even if I broke even I'd rather still pay another UK based provider than let pay them a penny more than what I have to.
Vote with your wallet folks as it's a greater battle thats being fought as their are other corporate eyes watching this event.
You really can't blame a business to charge whatever they think their customers will pay (fool and his money are easy to part)
Sounds a bit over the top, but if more people made a stand it would go a long way to put Ripoff Ireland to bed

PrimeTime interview...

Can be seen @ [broken link removed]

Re: local calls

For Intl. calls Vartec seems to be the name bandied about at the moment. Don't have much need for these calls so I don't know a hellofalot about the various providers prices to be honest.

I recently switched to Esat Advantage (from UTV) for telephony because of mobile calls. Have a look [broken link removed] as I posted a summary of UTV, Eircom & Esat side-by-side for local, national and mobile calls. If you're spending more than €25 a month on local/national calls you can cap on this price by going with Advantage Plus. As many local and national calls as you like (at any time) for €25. Anything over that gets charged at Advantage rates. That aside, if you are spending less than €25 and you are making purely local calls UTV would seem to be the ones to go with.

I spent a couple of hours going through my last 3 UTV bills and using a spreadsheet to work out the costs of the three providers. Esat were consistently the cheapest. However, I am also an IOL broadband customer and if I sign up to Advantage I can get my broadband for €40 a month instead of the regular €49.

Thanks for that.

The salesman reported that the back-up from headquarters was patchy. On one occasion, he had just won back a defector after reassuring the customer that Eircom would not put up its line rental charges again.

He claims that just as they were agreeing to the sale, RTE suddenly broadcast a news item saying Eircom was increasing its line rental charges again.

It was the first the salesman had heard of it. Not surprisingly, he lost the sale.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.
Comedy like that is almost worth an increase in line rental.

-Rd

daltonr - black comedy indeed.

I think it is a disgrace! - blatant law breaking in fact.

One line used to me by an Eircom agent was that with Esat you are charged from the minute you pick up the handset, before you even dial the number. So, he explained, if the receiver was knocked off while doing the hoovering or something we would be charged from then on.

I'm not making this up!

what about automatic bill division?

Does anyone know if any other providers allow the type of call tracking that means you get your bill already divided up? With eircom we can dial a prefix (1740) and a number between 1 and 10 and when the bill comes it's already divided between different people. Sharing a house with three others this is a fairly essential way of keeping the peace and worth the three euro or so we pay for the service. But, I would like to change to using a cheaper call provider if I could (I've already switched my internet provider to pigsback flatrate) if we could still get our bill divided up. Anyone know if it's possible with anyone else?
thanks,
J

Itemised phone bill

If you register your account at www.eircom.ie it's possible to print the itemised bill for free.

No €3 charge!

Re: Itemised phone bill

If you call into any Eircom telecentre they will normally agree on request to provide itemised billing for free. We have been getting free itemised billing on our home phone for at least 3 years. I'm also almost certain we get free call answering as well. Our phone usage would be very modest compared to households with teenagers etc so I don't think these offers are restricted to minimum bill levels.

Back