Get a dog instead of an alarm!

A lot of modern day burglers still use a crowbar.It is known by them as the "big key" I think a good,well trained dog would be more effective in this case than an alarm.

This is how alert my guard dog pack is this lunchtime. Wake them from their pre-lunch bloody mary induced coma and you'll be shredded!!

Its a hard ol' station all the same, mathepac :)

Don't think I'd ever like to go back to the stage of not having a dog, worth their weight in gold, even if they are a lot of trouble sometimes.

He came back after being out less than an hour, his alarm was going off, nobody paid any attention to it....

And that's traditionally been a problem, lots of alarms have gone off over the years and just been ignored.

In theory, monitored alarms are supposed to overcome that issue, but I once had an experience with phonewatch where they didn't phone to check why the alarm was going off, for about two hours after the event. All the useless fools did was wake us up for a second time that night - then offered some sort of horse "poo" excuse for the delay.

This is how alert my guard dog pack is this lunchtime. Wake them from their pre-lunch bloody mary induced coma and you'll be shredded!!

Hello,

All you've got to do is put a photo of the big lad in a few of your windows, and you can be sure any intruders will move on ;)

Photos aside, I would be confident that your dogs would be up in an instant, if they heard in unfamiliar nose, got a scent that they didn't recognise etc.

If you are out all day then don't get a dog.
If you have a small garden then don't get a dog.
If you travel frequently then don't get a dog.

I grew up with dogs and love them but the house is empty 12 hours a day so leaving a dog there on their own for that time would be cruel.

Back