Germany backs French-led moves to regulate Bitcoin at G20 level

It seems that when governments try to do any sort of regulation of tech stuff, they are woefully ill informed and the result is usually fecklessness.

I agree, but it's a serious question. Some of the loudest noise in the Bitcoin space are the voices of those who say regulate, or ban it.
I'm not sure how it could be banned or even regulated, this is not NK or China. So I would imagine banks under CB licensing would be ordered not to accept, receive or transfer funds to exchanges that support Bitcoin like Coinbase? Even still that would only prove a minor inconvenience long-term and would require all central banks globally acting in unison.

So perhaps anyone with some insight into the area of prohibition or regulating encrypted cyber-space could shed some light as to how CB's could regulate or ban Bitcoin?

Im wondering if this decision by European Courts on Uber will offer CB's some window of opportunity to commence a case to regulate cryptocurrencies?

http://www.newstalk.com/European-court-rules-that-Uber-can-be-regulated-like-a-taxi-service

Does Uber and its effective decentralised taxi service have any resemblances with crypto in that regard?

I don't think so no. It's easy enough to slap regulations on a company.

Regulations of ICO's should probably be welcomed as well.

Back