General Investment Advice

E

ErinLondon

I'm a first time poster and would appreciate any advice you may have.
I have a substantial sum of money (300k euros approx) in an irish bank account from inheritence. Firstly i'm earning little or interest on this money. Secondly i'm completely spooked by the current euro crisis and am generally concerned about a devaluation or a collapse in the euro. I don't own any property and have had to move to the UK as I couldn't secure employment in ireland.
From the enquiries i've done i've been advised by a buddy to split the money between a sterling denominated account in ireland and a euro account. That way if either currency goes belly up i have at least spread the risk. Apparently the sterling denominated account means no interest and if something happens me it is then subject to UK inheritance laws.
So a:) i'm looking for any general investment advice and b:) wondering what peoples opinions are on sterling denominated accounts and spreading the risk?
Thanks for your time.

Start with the best buys thread about deposit rates on offer and the many threads (including one or more key posts) on strategies for protecting deposits in a time of macroeconomic turmoil.

Back