Gender Pay gap

When women fight for gender quotas in sewerage works, labouring on building sites, pest control etc, then I'll sign up to gender equality across the board.
Good point. Will we see gender quotas in Nursing and teaching and law and medicine?
If you are in favour of gender quotas in politics and engineering and sciences then you should be in favour of the same in female dominated work areas.

Bank of Ireland commits to gender equality in executive hires by 2021
Women currently account for 36 per cent of management and leadership roles in bank
https://www.irishtimes.com/business...equality-in-executive-hires-by-2021-1.3455610

Tick tock boys!
If more women were on the boards of banks during the boom I don't think we'd have had the sort of reckless carry on we saw. When I heard the recordings of the Anglo executives it struck me that if half the people on the calls were women there would have been a completely different conversation.

If more women were on the boards of banks during the boom I don't think we'd have had the sort of reckless carry on we saw. When I heard the recordings of the Anglo executives it struck me that if half the people on the calls were women there would have been a completely different conversation.

Really? I'm not so sure... people said similar things about Noirin O'Sullivan just because of her gender, she would somehow be different to Martin Callinan, I observed no practical difference. What about Theresa May & David Cameron?

One step I would be in favour of is the Massachusetts law to stop prospective employers asking about your current or previous salaries. If there is a historic pay gap, this sort of questioning perpetuates it.

Teresa May is like the last person in the building who didn't hear the fire alarm. I don't think she's a good example of anything positive, male or female.
One step I would be in favour of is the Massachusetts law to stop prospective employers asking about your current or previous salaries. If there is a historic pay gap, this sort of questioning perpetuates it.
I like that idea.

The highest paid group working in London are Irish Women, earning more on average then men.. of course no one cares about this particular gender Pay gap.
I don't agree with any form of positive discrimination based on sex
,, I don't think for a second my daughter has less of a chance of earning more because she is female.
She already has a clear advantage at school, girls now outperform boys now in most subjects.. the lack of 'hands on' subjects like metal work, ect. that is common in Germany and France is more or less non-existent here,
so language-based subjects and an ability to carefully take notes and clearly wright reams of blurb favour female students. There are also a shocking lack of men working in the teaching profession 90% of primary school teachers are now female.
70% secondary teachers are female. Again, there is little concern about this gender gap in the media.

I fully support equal pay for both sexes,,same work same pay,, but I think its a complex issue that seems to gloss over a few things

Back