GDPR & Recruitment Companies

DublinTeach

Can I ensure that a recruitment company I previously sent my information to deletes all information relating to me after they have supplied me with the list of companies to which they submitted me to under GDPR legislation? Thanks.

You can request them to under the legislation. Ensuring they do so is a different matter as I don't believe there's any practical way you could guarantee this was done.

However, should they later be found to have retained your data without reasonable justification, or even worse shared it, then they might find themselves facing a fairly hefty fine.

What information do they have to supply me with and what would be a fair fee to pay to have this information given to me?

Is there a pro forma letter / template database of letters available for a variety of purposes?

Thanks.

What information do they have to supply me with and what would be a fair fee to pay to have this information given to me?

In this case, all they would have to say is that they have removed all your data from their records. If they felt they had the need to retain some of it, they would have to explain what data they retain and justify the reason.

With the introduction of GDPR, it is now illegal to charge anything for processing such requests unless the effort required to collate data is onerous.

Back