Garda parking

S

Spacer

Took a stroll down Harcourt Street this lunchtime - hadn't been there for a while but was reminded instantly of the high level of cars parked outside the Garda Puzzle Palace at the top of the street.

Even though Harcourt has halved its capacity for traffic, the Guards have retained their exclusive parking bay. They've also annexed the parts of the new pavement that can accommodate a car (there were three parked there) and have taken over the area reserved for coaches opposite the Harcourt Hotel. They also continue to park on Hatch Street in the vicinity of the Pod and regularly block the wheekchair ramp onto the pavement.

Muy point is, if it's not Ok for Joe Soap to park his car in these areas (pavements, double yellows, coach areas etc,)why is it OK for these guys.

Can anything be done or have the traffic wardens been scared away?

(BTW, the absence of insurance and/or tax discs makes them instantly recognisable as cop cars.)

Bring a digital camera, take a picture of the car blocking the Wheelchair ramp, and email it to your local tabloid rag.

It's silly season at the moment, so I'm sure they'd publish it.

If you know someone in a wheelchair that would really add to the pathos of the story. That would probably get you onto TV3 News.

I agree with you, the general disregard for the Rules of the Road by the Gardai has to be at least partially contributing to a general disregard for the law in society.

-Rd

Hi Spacer. Witnessed this day after day when I used to work over that way. The wardens and clampers just walk right past them. I've seen this happening first hand. When you see this and the gardai speeding without lights on all the time it's difficult to understand the way things work in this country. Tell that to mind you.

You could try phoning the Garda Traffic Watch line at 1890 205 805 or the local Garda station (Harcourt Terrace) to report them, but I'm not sure if they would take you seriously

details

Brendan,
Can you supply ip adresses for people on this thread. I want to write to them and congratulate them on their vigilance?

E342

Re: details

try reading thier insurance details off their windscreen and then inform the both the Guards and the Insurance Company of the alleged incident.
ajapale

sorry spacer only just read your comment about the absence of insurance details.

Re: details

You could get in there early in the morning park your car on the footpath and remove your tax and insurance details.

Free city center parking all day and the clampers won't touch you.

hmmmmm

-Rd

Re: Clamping efficiency

I parked behind a clamping van at the canal yesterday morning. It was 7:53. The clampers were obviously waiting to catch a car parked there if the owner didn't return by 8:00. Parking restrictions applied from 8:00 onwards.

Sure enough ... pity he hadn't read the advice from RD!

Marion :hat

Piggy the nocebo

Piggy "it's difficult to understand the way things work in this country"

I am sure it is Piggy with your unenviable hotchpotch of borborygmus logic within the ullage in your mind.

LOL

Re: Piggy the nocebo

I am sure it is Piggy with your unenviable hotchpotch of borborygmus logic within the ullage in your mind

Interesting. Next time you're using Google to look up fancy words you might consider looking at the correct use of the . It comes directly after a word. There's no space before it. Also, when using an 'I' in the middle of a sentence it's a capital letter. Not that I'm nit picking or anything. I just noted that it's only you and one other contributor who does this. An amazing coincidence.
No doubt you'll change this so that I can't recognise you next time you're having a go at me as opposed to challenging something I've said.

Incidentally, I believe you've used the words nocebo and ullage incorrectly within the context of your sentence.

Anyway, my own english isn't always perfect, but if you're going to try to use fancy words for the sake of it it helps to have a grasp on the basics first I find.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Just push the buttons and Piggy will respond.

I think you should abnegate from this discussion Piggy, your lack of debating talent debases the value and the function of this site.

I admit that logic is based on the perception of our experiences and that most reasoning is deduced by those, therefore we expect parallax opinion.

But your responses are crass, inane and repetitive, you’re full of problems Piggy, you complain but you do not bring reason or answers to your arguments.

Are you the original Nosey Neighbour?

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Did you have anything in particular to add to this thread Tatler or did you just come here to get personal with me?

you complain but you do not bring reason or answers to your arguments.
I'm sorry...but you failed to even see the reasoning for my original gripe re garda cars speeding and breaking lights (in inappropriate circumstances). You thought that was perfectly acceptable. How can you talk about reason and logic in this case?

Ah jeez, lads, where's a mod when you need one...?

tatler, I don't know what your beef is with piggy, but could you kindly abnegate from this parallaxically unedificating nonsense..?

piggy, you've far more sense than to get drawn into this kind of thing, no?

Someone, please close the thread!

Dr. M.

You're right Dr M. I have more sense. No need to close the thread. I'll desist from being drawn into this crap. The original point made was a good one and I'm sure others have points to make about it too.

Back