Garage to Buy Car

Ned_ie

I am trying to sell my car but unfortunately to no avail at the moment.

Does anyone know of any garage which would be interested in purchasing it?

I have tried the dealers but they have too much stock at moment.

Any ideas?

I think you will be lucky to get a dealer to take car off you and if you could find one i don't think you'd like the price offered.

What sort of car are you trying to sell? Make sure you check prices of similiar cars on carzone and CBG and price yours accordingly. If you are not getting any bites lower your price. If you have people coming to look at the car make sure it's spotless, have it serviced if required and throw on a set of tyres. Be prepared to haggle.

If you really need a quick sale consider an auction such as Merlins in Ashbourne or Wilsons out near Citywest. You will only get rock bottom trade price but you will at least get some cash into your hands.

Hi

Selling a Renault Laguna (04). It is priced to sell. Teh avg at a dealer for similar is 21-22K. I'm selling for 19,500 but as you mentioned Baz am willing to haggle. New tyres have gone on and it is serviced. It also has more extra's than normal ones (i.e. parking sensors, spoiler, sunroof)

An independent garage should take it off you if you are trading in, otherwise, you will struggle.

Ned_ie said:
Selling a Renault Laguna (04). It is priced to sell. Teh avg at a dealer for similar is 21-22K. I'm selling for 19,500 but as you mentioned Baz am willing to haggle. New tyres have gone on and it is serviced. It also has more extra's than normal ones (i.e. parking sensors, spoiler, sunroof)
Sadly extras don't hold their value at all but they should make the car easier to sell. Bear in mind when comparing to dealer prices they will be offering a warranty and other services you can't offer.

A quick look on carzone reveals that 04 Renault Lagunas in hatchback are going for as little as under 16k and saloons for under 18k.

If you truely want to 'price to sell' you may have to get more realistic with the price.

Otherwise try any dealer but don't be surprised at offers around 12k or less if they're prepared to take it. Personally i'd keep at it and try to sell privately.

Great advice here on how to sell your car. [broken link removed]

Back