Garage - faulty car sold

tolkarovers

Hi Guys,
I'm having a bit of trouble with a garge that ye erudite people may be able to help me handle.

Bought a 1995 Fiat Punto [I know :( ] from a garage roughly 3 months ago for 1500. 3 weeks after purchasing the head gasket went. When I complained to the garage they originally refused to honor the 3 month warrenty that came with the car. After contacting the Office of the director of consumer affairs to ensure I was legally entitled to a repair, I finally convinced the garage to collect the car for repair.

That was 7 weeks ago. At no stage have the garage contacted me. Everytime I call they say it's nearly ready or they will call back in an hour or so and never do. It was suppossed to be ready today but no one has been in contact and they are not answering their phone.

At this stage I feel like I'm entitled to a refund. The value of the car is over the threshold for the small claims court so I am contemplating contacting a solicitor.

I'm not sure where I stand legally? What am I entitled to?

All opinions and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

tolkarovers said:
Hi Guys,
I'm having a bit of trouble with a garge that ye erudite people may be able to help me handle.

Bought a 1995 Fiat Punto [I know :( ] from a garage roughly 3 months ago for 1500. 3 weeks after purchasing the head gasket went. When I complained to the garage they originally refused to honor the 3 month warrenty that came with the car. After contacting the Office of the director of consumer affairs to ensure I was legally entitled to a repair, I finally convinced the garage to collect the car for repair.

That was 7 weeks ago. At no stage have the garage contacted me. Everytime I call they say it's nearly ready or they will call back in an hour or so and never do. It was suppossed to be ready today but no one has been in contact and they are not answering their phone.

At this stage I feel like I'm entitled to a refund. The value of the car is over the threshold for the small claims court so I am contemplating contacting a solicitor.

I'm not sure where I stand legally? What am I entitled to?

All opinions and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I know u have contacted odca already, but why not get back onto them again and inform them of the current situation maybe they can put the squeeze on said garage.

Back