GAnRS - STandard Life

elacsaplau

The missus has, thankfully, only a small legacy pension invested in the GARS product of Standard Life.

For the last two years, we have labelled it as GAnRS (Global Absolute no Return Strategy). Given how fund returns are cyclical, we thought it might be a good bet to wait for GARS to go through a good period before transferring (i.e. do the contrarian thing of transferring out when recent performance has been somewhat positive rather than when it is dismal).

I think our patience is done. It continues to perform anemically. Time to say adios? Thoughts anybody?

I had something about this fund on a thread last year. Missus who is retired from the PS had this Gars as part of a portfolio with Cornmarket and over 3 years it had performed abysmally. She was happy enough with all the remaining investments but phoned Cornmarket and arranged a meeting for January this year (Free) A decision was made to move the Gars section to another fund and so far it has proved the right decision.I know one shouldn't be switching too often and a few years and more is advisable but that particular fund was in our opinion set up for different times and wasn't suitable to our strategy at this time. The switch to the other fund cost us nothing and the meeting with the Cornmarket advisor was also free. Their management charges are slightly more expensive than others but we like our advisor and he's very capable for our needs in that particulat investment.

Back