Galway city hotels - recommendations 4*?

Park House is better by a long shot than the Radisson and is the closest to Eyre Square of all the hotels mentioned other than the Great Southern.

jurys-it dont get closer, not bad priced and good nick.. Spanish Arch Hotel is also right in the heart of it.Dont know quality. Imperial hotel in eyre sq supoosed to be good condition too.

Best of luck
ps go to macdonghs fish and chip shop for excellent cos and chips.

I stayed there last year and thought it was an awful hotel to be honest and way overpriced.

I stayed in the park place hotel this week and thought it was excellent lovely food and great location. I got it on late rooms at 118 for 2 people bed & breakfast. The service was very good I would really recomend it.

If you are going for the park hotel ask if you can book a room in the new part as they are much nicer and more spacious. I used to live in Galway and when my parents came to visit they always went for the Park or Galway Bay in Salthill. Always enjoyed stay in both hotels.

I would personally avoid the Radisson. Totally over-rated.

Enjoy your trip.

I recommend Park House Hotel. I am a local but I stayed there last week (as an anniversary treat). It has an 'olde worlde' feel to it- lots of leather armchairs, plush carpets, and subdued lighting. The staff are excellent. The dinner menu doesn't offer anything too modern but the food is great and they have a 5 course meal for €45 if you are able for it!

As an alternative, the House Hotel is a good option. It's has a modern vibe yet is still comfortable and the rooms are cosy.
Both hotels are in the city centre.

Clayton is nice new hotel open. close to town, bus stops and has car parking also a shop, pharmacy across the road. the corrib great southern has closed down but the other one in eyre square is still open but is know known as the merrick hotel. jury's is grand i quite like it. Flannery's hotel isnt bad 3 star though. King's valley is also nice.

I live in Galway so I haven't actually stayed in any. To keep away from noise, keep clear of Park House, Imperial, Jurys, Spanish Arch, Victoria, Warwick.

The Great Southern in now owned by the same guy who owns the G Hotel; it was completly refyrbished last year but I haven't set foot in it. It is now called The Meyrick. It is in Eyre Square. It looks lovely when I pass.

How about Salthill? Galway Bay Hotel is great. Next door, Salthill Hotel has been rebuilt and extended (although it's not finished at the moment, it will be ready for next Jan)....it will be classy.
Days Hotel is about 4km from city centre.

In city centre, I suggest Radisson or House Hotel.

G hotel looks like it is in an industrial estate and has that awfully pompous ad on the radio. It's two years too late for the boom without a perfect location. If you pass by it in a car it looks like one to avoid. Maybe I'm wrong though ...

G hotel looks like it is in an industrial estate and has that awfully pompous ad on the radio. It's two years too late for the boom without a perfect location. If you pass by it in a car it looks like one to avoid. Maybe I'm wrong though ...

Yip. It is part of the Wellpark Retail Park. It is in the same complex as the likes of Atlantic DIY, Eddie Rockets, PS Worls and Reid's Furniture.

Radisson is noisy at night (disco/weddings each weekend) and the standard rooms are small enough. (stayed there twice)
The G is meant to be very good.

+1 on this.
The Radisson is to be avoided.

My company always book this hotel when we have to go to Galway and tbh I've been in better B&Bs. I really dont see why people would pay a premium for this place. I dont think Ive ever seen any hotel so over-rated.

Oh yeah - And the food and service in the restaurant is horrible (prices ridiculously high too - if i wasn't on expenses).

I stayed in the Clayton just after it opened. Great food, lovely beds and great food too. Check the reviews on tripadvisors first for a hotel though. It's what I always do and it's usually accurate...well sometimes :)

I stayed in the Clayton just after it opened. Great food, lovely beds and great food too. Check the reviews on tripadvisors first for a hotel though. It's what I always do and it's usually accurate...well sometimes :)

Clayton looks lovely from the road. It is on the main dual carraigeway in to Galway (N6) opposite the Ballybrit Racecourse. It is about 6km from city centre and there is no 'walks' nearby- just Dunnes Stores and a verrrrrrrrry busy dual carraigeway. Avoid it if you need to leave hotel to get into city centre early morning or between 5pm and 6.30pm because traffic is nuts at those times.

The House hotel is fab, it is a bit expensive but in my opinion well worth it, will definitely be going back here, its just 1 minute walk from The Spanish Arch, the dont have a car park on site but theres one just up the road with a discount fro hotel users.

The Meyrick Hotel is also nice, it overlooks Eyre Square, they do have a car park with a concierge parking your car, when i stayed there wasnt a charge for this service but this there is now.

Back