Fungal infection of toe nail

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
U

Unregistered

I have a fungal infection of a couple of toe nails. Went to doc & he said to rub vinegar on my toes & nails for two months and seemed reluctant to give me a prescription as he said it was expensive. Anyone have any other suggestions? ANyone know of any good effective products?

Thanks!

Maybe have a chat with your Pharmacist.

There is a product currently being advertised on TV, can't think of it's name, little monsters living under the toenails........

Crunchie said:
Maybe have a chat with your Pharmacist.

There is a product currently being advertised on TV, can't think of it's name, little monsters living under the toenails........

Ickle Monsters

[broken link removed]

Unreg, do a wee bit of googling on the topic yourself there.

Seems vinegar is a common cure

Why not give it a try ?

I believe putting tea tree oil under/around the nail is supposed to be very good for combatting fungal infections.

While living in the USA I also had toenail fungus and was prescribed Sporanax by a Podiatrist. This medication worked fantastic and now there is no trace of fungus even though my nail was quite deformed from the fungus it grew back perfect. This medication was very expensive approx. $250 for a months supply and was on it for approx. 3 months. It is also very harsh and I had to have numerous blood tests to check my liver while on it, but all in all it was worth it. There is also a very similar medication called Lamisil that does basically the same thing, again this is also very expensive but I've no idea how much it costs over here.

I was prescribed Loceril (sp?) for an infection. It was €70 but lasts for about 3 - 4 months. Has completely cleared up but it basically disintegrated my nail. New nail is growing back now. Went back to the chiropodist and she told me to stop using it now and just put tea tree oil on it every few days as it is less harsh.

Back