fully comp insurance - whats included

howareya

Just a word of warning to those getting insurance. Look at the fine print. How many people know that if you change the radio in your car its not covered by your insurance unless you have insurance for personal items. How redic is that.

Once a radio is changed from the original one built into the car it becomes a personal item and normal insurance doesn't cover it. I learned the hard way.

I had fully comp on my car when I was in an accident - was told at this stage that policy doesn't cover storage or towing of my car (car was a write-off) - but was told that the third party F&t policy does cover it:confused:

I'm sure that what's covered and not covered is explained in detail on the policy documents - I don't see how that can be dcescribed as a rip-off. The purchaser know (or should have known) what he was buying before he paid his money. Every transaction has to have a willing buyer and a willing seller - if either or both can't be bothered to read the detail of the contract, then that's their problem - it is not a rip-off.

NEY001

Comprehensive cover should cover the cost of towage of the car from scene of accident to nearest repairer and the cost of delivery thereafter to you. Storage is also covered, but not for an unlimited period. if your car was written off in accident, then cost of storage would be covered from time of accident to date you were given figures by insurer. from that date, you are on your own and should dispose of vehicle asap.

You should write to manager of the company you are insured with to seek clarification.

Storage is not covered on most policies... I do think people assume things/dont bother reading them then complain!!! How can be a rip off when you are given the choice of buying what you want!!

anna123
alot of the time people are just happy to get a quote they can afford, and alot of the sales people in the insurnace companies never really explain the pros and cons as they all have sales targets, and say , sure all the info is in the booklet we will send out, and most of the insurance booklets are confusing for alot of people......... but that's life and people should read carefully i suppose

I understand that - people are spending their hard earned cash,they should know what they are spending it on.

Back