FTB selling up after 2 months, any tax or stamp duty claw back?

M

madman

I'm selling up due to unforseen circumstances. I'm a FTB, purchased a house 2 months a go for less than €317k and didnt have to pay any stamp duty. I know I will have pay estate agent and solicitor charges when I sell up, it there any other charges that will apply?

That was quick CCOVICH, thanks!! Will I have to pay CGT??

If it was your PPR (Pinciple Private Residence), then no, I wouldn't think so.

madman said:
That was quick CCOVICH, thanks!! Will I have to pay CGT??

No. Bar the estate agent fees, and assuming there is no penalty from paying off your mortgage in full early, all profit from the sale is yours.

excellent, happy days, off to spend the profits now, thanks for the help....

you mean you will have a profit after living there for only two months and after paying estate agent/ sol etcc.. did you buy off the plans??

bought in first phase last year house only ready in april

If there are new houses still for sale in the development then you do realise you'll be selling a property which, more than likely, will need stamp duty paid on top of the asking price. The top price you're likely to receive is then (latest developer price - stamp duty liable).

Also you'll now have to pay Stamp on your next property AND there's less mortgage interest relief as a 2nd time buyer. So you may want to slap some of the profit in the bank. FTB status is generally worth about E13K. Just don't don't go mad on the oul Ferraris just yet is all I'm saying.

Did you actually move into the house, is it furnished.
The CGT exemption is dependant on this being your PPR. So you do have to have lived in the property you may need to proof this by showing you had utility bills etc in your name as the period it has been complete is only 2 months

Back