Freespeech.ie charges to change credit card details

S

svuhmed

I had a pay as you go freespeech.ie account which worked fine - outages for short periods now and again but nothing major.

My credit card had to be canceled after it was skimmed (elsewhere). I put the new credit card details into my freespeech account and found i had been charged 50c processing fee

The prompt PFO reply i got from "customer service" told me to talk to the credit card company as this was a charge by the credit card company and they were just passing it on to me - and that this charge was "clearly" stated on the webpage.

In fairness it is stated on the webpage - i would not call it clear - v small print (stupid of me to miss it, i agree) - if i had know i as dealing with the budget airline of voip providers, with charges all over the place I would have been more careful.

Anyway, if you do decide to use them watch for possible extra charges every time you deal with them.

I know it's only 50c but if they had sucked up these charges and built them into their pricing structure, like most companies, they would still have a happy customer - now they have an annoyed ex-customer.

I've never heard of them, but if they are the 'budget airline of voip providers' this is to be expected and such fees are probably how they make much of their money.

IIn fairness it is stated on the webpage - i would not call it clear - v small print (stupid of me to miss it, i agree) - if i had know i as dealing with the budget airline of voip providers, with charges all over the place I would have been more careful.

Anyway, if you do decide to use them watch for possible extra charges every time you deal with them.
Or - in more general terms - when purchasing goods or services from ANY provider always read the terms & conditions that apply before purchasing.

Back