Free SMS text messages from PC to Mobile

I use meteor web text and find it very fast and reliable.

Text Buddy is a program that you install on your PC and it allows you send free texts to any mobile.

[broken link removed]

Don't think it works if you have a meteor mobile though.
The advantage is you have unlimited free texts rather than whatever O2 or Vodafone offer each month.
Also you don't have to logon to the providers website, thus saving time

Disadvantage is that all the texts you send are appended with the slogan "This message was sent with TextBuddy" or similar

I rang o2 customer care and asked why their web text service was giving some bother. Got the customary apology together with "its currently being upgraded"

When pressed as to when when we would see the results of this upgrade and have an active working site again she put me on hold in order to talk to the technical people.

I hung up after about 5 minutes.

I use meteor web text and find it very fast and reliable.

Text Buddy is a program that you install on your PC and it allows you send free texts to any mobile.

[broken link removed]

Don't think it works if you have a meteor mobile though.
The advantage is you have unlimited free texts rather than whatever O2 or Vodafone offer each month.
Also you don't have to logon to the providers website, thus saving time

Disadvantage is that all the texts you send are appended with the slogan "This message was sent with TextBuddy" or similar
I have used Textbuddy too, found it very handy, sitting there in System Tray!

That appendage "sent with Text Buddy" usen't to appear if you just pressed spacebar to use up the 160 charachters, or enough spaces so that there's no room for the appendage to appear! maybe they've worked around this now.

Looks handy - I noticed this on the website also:
Please note: We have had an overwhelming amount of requests to support Meteor - support for Meteor is planned in the coming weeks!

so might be worth keeping an eye on for the future if you are with Meteor

But this is a Java application that runs on the mobile handset isn't it? In which case you'll have to pay the cost of connecting to the internet (or WAP) to send your free texts?

The cost of the sms sent over wap is almost insignificant I think. Interesting application, but not sure if it will catch on, bundled text offers etc will probably be less hassle in the long run

You could register your mobile number with www.13434.ie

Costs nothing to register.

You can now send SMS to any mobile (including international) for 1c per SMS.

You just setup an account with 13434.

Only takes two mins.

Your calls/texts with 13434 are billed to your credit card or laser.

Only pay for calls and/or texts.

Back