Free contraception for women

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this.

The market for these products seems efficient (in the economic sense).

Condoms are under 1 euro each, or they were when I used to buy them.

What is the issue?

I don't understand this.

What is the issue?
Just another fudge I'm afraid, most responsible people would pay those who don't get a house.

I don't understand this.

What is the issue?

As men, we should probably probably research the issues before dismissing them but I presume it might have something to do with the fact that you can walk into a pub toilet and buy your condom. A woman needs to pay a doctors consult fee and the cost of the contraceptive pill or emergency pill to access contraception. I have no issue with this unless someone can show that they have just made it up out of thin air. I presume there is an issue there that needs to be addressed.

As men, we should probably probably research the issues before dismissing them but I presume it might have something to do with the fact that you can walk into a pub toilet and buy your condom. A woman needs to pay a doctors consult fee and the cost of the contraceptive pill or emergency pill to access contraception. I have no issue with this unless someone can show that they have just made it up out of thin air. I presume there is an issue there that needs to be addressed.
Really, and that justifies the lack of any money for mens health? And just to prove my annoyance with this post, women can walk too.
Our suicide rates are 4:1 in men , I have spent over 3000 in therapy after trying to hurt myself not a penny in tax relief for anything to do with mens health.

Ah shur us men will be grand.

Really, and that justifies the lack of any money for mens health? And just to prove my annoyance with this post, women can walk too.
Our suicide rates are 4:1 in men , I have spent over 3000 in therapy after trying to hurt myself not a penny in tax relief for anything to do with mens health.

What on earth are you talking about??? As the other poster said, has men's health been cancelled????

What issues around mens health were raised before the budget. I didn't hear anything. I heard lots about contraception.

Spending on mental health is seperate to spending on womans health around contraception. Unless you can show that more is being spent to help women with mental health than men or something, you are discussing something completely different and you are dragging this off topic.

And by the way, I still avail of therapy around addiction that I receive no support and I still don't have an issue with this measure.

We need to 'Man Up' Paul.
I agree with this measure but, speaking from close personal experience, the mental health services for young men in this country are a shambles. If there are addiction and violence issues associated with it the mental health issues are ignored and it is treated as a criminal issue.

What on earth are you talking about??? As the other poster said, has men's health been cancelled????

What issues around mens health were raised before the budget. I didn't hear anything. I heard lots about contraception.

Spending on mental health is seperate to spending on womans health around contraception. Unless you can show that more is being spent to help women with mental health than men or something, you are discussing something completely different and you are dragging this off topic.

And by the way, I still avail of therapy around addiction that I receive no support and I still don't have an issue with this measure.
I don't think anyone has an issue with this measure.

We need to 'Man Up' Paul.
I agree with this measure but, speaking from close personal experience, the mental health services for young men in this country are a shambles. If there are addiction and violence issues associated with it the mental health issues are ignored and it is treated as a criminal issue.
I know it's just swept under the carpet and it needs to stop. When I was " cured " society expected me to simply " fit back in" sorry society it's not that simple

No it hasn't but where is the money for the carnage of mens health.

The measure is fine but why so one sided?

No it hasn't but where is the money for the carnage of mens health.

The measure is fine but why so one sided?
Men are rubbish at advocating for themselves. Women are better at it because they've had to do it for so much longer and started off having so much more to advocate about.

men can also walk away from the problem of unwanted pregnancies. Makes perfect sense to introduce this benefit.

We've come a long way from when such discussion about contraception and sex before marriage would see you doing some penance. Even though the priests...(snip, Brendan's lawyers :p)

Men are rubbish at advocating for themselves. Women are better at it because they've had to do it for so much longer and started off having so much more to advocate about.
Theres a reason for that " society expects " and if your a man struggling the avenues are either non existent or clouded with negativity.
I speak as someone one who has an intellectual capacity to understand things, years of experience tried to get a job , was honest why I had a gap in my experience send out CVs no reply.

The second book and my poetry, if ever published will explain more.

I've no issue with the proposal it's just so gendered and I was lead to believe than men and women were at least have parity of esteem.....not in this country.

I apologise for my earlier outbursts

I'll add something here

I'm not in the humour to justify my views to you, if you can't understand why this is one sided theres little I can do to convince you.

The measure is fine, but where is the counter balance?

I'll add something here

I'm not in the humour to justify my views to you, if you can't understand why this is one sided theres little I can do to convince you.

The measure is fine, but where is the counter balance?

What is one sided about it? It is female contraception. Has nothing to do with men. Comparisons with buying condoms are just ridiculous. Why don't you actually read up on the issue before dismissing it. And you had problems with the measure earlier. You seem to think that because they spent money on womens health, that men should get the same thing. Are we gender balancing the budget now? If mens health needs some funding, then argue that. Resenting money being spent on womens health is just pathetic.

And you don't have to justify your views to anyone. There was a ridiculous post on AAM a few months ago from a woman that asked why do men always say 'what about men' when women issues are being discussed. I argued strongly against it at the time because there is an issue around mens issues being ignored but when you try to bring up mens health on a thread about female contraception, I can see the woman's point of view.

What is one sided about it? It is female contraception. Has nothing to do with men. Comparisons with buying condoms are just ridiculous. Why don't you actually read up on the issue before dismissing it. And you had problems with the measure earlier. You seem to think that because they spent money on womens health, that men should get the same thing. Are we gender balancing the budget now? If mens health needs some funding, then argue that. Resenting money being spent on womens health is just pathetic.

And you don't have to justify your views to anyone. There was a ridiculous post on AAM a few months ago from a woman that asked why do men always say 'what about men' when women issues are being discussed. I argued strongly against it at the time because there is an issue around mens issues being ignored but when you try to bring up mens health on a thread about female contraception, I can see the woman's point of view.
Fine but where is the balance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back