Free banking or not?

M

megrim21

megrim21

I was past 60 then I heard that my bank had "free banking" for those over that age, but they will not refund the account fees they charged since then. Turned me down flat. Also, I am a lifelong customer of this bank. Any remedy for this?

Re: megrim21

Maybe not but write to them to complain formally. If they don't deal with the issue to your satisfaction then get a final response letter from them and then contact the [broken link removed] if you feel that your complaint is still merited.

By the way:

My bank will not refund current account "maintenance fees" they continued to charge after I passed 60 years of age when I should have had free banking. I am a lifelong customer and reluctant to switch. Any advice on how to resolve it?

I have merged your two threads on this issue.

Please read the posting guidelines.

Simple,if they won't budge move !.The personal satisfaction alone will be worth it.

Yes, switch! Why be loyal to them if this is the way they are treating you. I was with a bank for over 30 years but recently have moved to rabo for my salary payment (so 5% as soon as I get paid) and NIB for the mortgage and current account.

Back