Fraud Case - No Prosecution

TheSphinx

Hi I have a quick Question I wonder can anyone put any light on the subject. A few years ago I was defraudlently done out of €12,000, buy a gangster, I went to the garda about it - after a year of investigating they arrested him and took him in for questioning, the guy admitted everything after 4 hours of questioning. The file was sent to DPP, the DPP came back and said they didn't want to prosecute. I never got a reason, I appealed but my appeal was turned down. What is my position? Does this sound peculiar to you? This guy has been arrested before for something similar but never charged. Any ideas, suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks

You could consider a civil action against him.
There is such a thing as a private prosecution but I do not know much about it. It still goes before a judge.

I have thought about the civil action, but my solicitor at the time decided to do it, as he said it would be throwing money after bad. The guy that done this has no money, no assets no nothing, he knows not to money in the bank, he has nothing in his name except bills, so even if I did win my case I wouln't get any money - so would it be a waste of time? But I woould like to see him prosecuted purely because he made my life hell, and he thinks he got away with it, he did it to someone else, he did it to me and he will likely do the same to someone again, if he hasn't already done so...

Back