Form 12 questions

vector

The traditional line between a deposit and current account has become blurred how should I answer Q16 (Number of ordinary Deposit Accounts held)

I'd guess that any account that pays interest, even one cent a year is a "deposit account"?

credit union account (pays nice insterest, and cannot have a chequebook)
AIB Cashsave? (pays token insterest, and cannot have a chequebook)
AIB Student Plus (pays token insterest, and cannot have a chequebook)

The traditional line between a deposit and current account has become blurred how should I answer Q16 (Number of ordinary Deposit Accounts held)

I'd guess that any account that pays interest, even one cent a year is a "deposit account"?

credit union account (pays nice insterest, and cannot have a chequebook)
AIB Cashsave? (pays token insterest, and cannot have a chequebook)
AIB Student Plus (pays token insterest, and cannot have a chequebook)

Any account on which you have received deposit interest should be counted in this number. Doesn't make a whole lot of difference anyway

I recieve interest on my BOI current account, yet it seems so wrong to write that down under the heading when the revenue say "deposit", is there some official rulebook produced by the revenue that addresses this sort of open-to-interpretation answer to their form questions?

Ultimately, once you're not deliberately hiding large sums of ill-gotten gains in undeclared deposit accounts, this type of classification question doesn't matter whit.

Back