Form 12 - Am I eligible?

paybacktime

Hi

I am a PAYE worker earning approx 50kpa I also earned so far this year about 8K gross from some work I do for various people (not B2B) and it may be €10K before the end of the year.

Can I declare this 8-10K on Form 12? Are there limits on how much you can declare on Form 12? Do I not have to declare this income until October 2014?

Any other advice appreciated. Thanks

Tax returns for income arising in 2012 are due for filing by 31 October 2013 or 14th November if you pay and file electronically.

If all this income arose in 2013 this won't need to be included on a return until this time next year. Revenue practice is to allow €3,174 of non-PAYE income to included on a Form 12. Any amount higher than that should go on a Form 11 as you will be regarded as a chargeable person.

If you are going to have income like this on an on-going basis then you will need to look at your preliminary tax situation in which you will need to make a payment on account for each year on 31 October. Look at the Revenue website for information on preliminary income tax.

Back