Ford Mondeo

Past30Now

Hi Folks

I've an 02 1.8 LX Mondeo. With these cold mornings the central locking doesn't seem to work properly, it will open alright but if I try to lock the car as I drive it will only lock the drivers door. I there something simple I should be doing to fix it (other than taking it to a garage).

Thanks,

Past30

Hi,

I can't help you but you might be able to get some answers from the folks on the forums at [broken link removed]

Past30Now said:
Hi Folks
I've an 02 1.8 LX Mondeo. With these cold mornings the central locking doesn't seem to work properly, it will open alright but if I try to lock the car as I drive it will only lock the drivers door. I there something simple I should be doing to fix it (other than taking it to a garage).
Thanks,
Past30

Interesting, i have the exact same problem on .... a Golf.
On my car, the central locking is connected to the alarm as well (i think) . When i stop the car, turn off the ignition, the car locks itselt after 30sec and the alarm is then on.... I do not know the type of alarm i have on my car, only thing i know is that is is not a VW alarm as it has been fitted afterwards. I'll have to check.
What type of alarm do you have on your car?
Could that be where the problem come from?

Hi,

I'm like a girl when it comes to my car (;

I have no idea what sort of alarm I have on my car, I just press the beeper twice to turn it on and once to turn it off. It could easily be something to do with it. I discovered another new difficulty in that when I open the car in the morning, place child or luggage into the car, it will lock itself without warning. This is not a feature with the car, but again only seems to happen in the cold.

Regards,

Past30

Back