Food Stall In A Court House

shootingstar

Hi All

was in court last week as a witness. We were there for a few hours. There wasnt anywhere to get a cup of coffee or a sambo etc. We didnt want to leave the building as we didnt know the exact time the case would be called. There was a staff canteen/kitchen which has a combination lock on it stating "STAFF ONLY" on the door.

Just wondering how and where would you begin to look into applying for a work permit etc to open a small mobile food stall / counter & what the requirements are... I wouldnt know where to begin.

The courthouse was full all day. It seemed a bit strange that someone had`nt already got in there with their little enterprise, maybe the courts dont allow it, does anyone know if this is the case?

all info really appreciated

*star*

Sounds like a very good idea to me. Im sure you could get a casual trading licence for a stall outside the door?

Is a court a public place? If so i would imagine it may not be too dificult to obtain a licence to trade outside the property...Im not so sure about inside.

Sounds like a very good idea to me. Im sure you could get a casual trading licence for a stall outside the door?

hi MM - thanks for that. i think its a good idea too... not sure about setting up outside though.. i couldnt stand the wind howling around my legs in the winter. I`d cry like a baby :eek: I was thinking more along the lines of setting up downstairs in the lobby..?

will call the court clerk in the morning, see what she says about it. thanks CM.

not looking to get rich out of the mind or anything but working for myself does sound appealing.

*ss*

(just out of curiosity - i wanted to multi quote MM & CM`s quotes - how do i do that?)

ya i know. There`ll obviously have to be applications and permits etc. Health & Food authorities will probably get heavily involved too ?

There's one ( a seated affair) in the courthouse in Waterford city- or at least there was four or five years ago when I was last there- so you could call in there and have a look and ask them how they obtained permission etc.

There's one ( a seated affair) in the courthouse in Waterford city- .

it was cork city that i was in. but i will call waterford court this afternoon enquiring... is the newly refurbished court open yet on washington st does any one know?

just rang cork district court and enquired there. spoke with the court clerk (very helpful) who put me in touch with the courts munster regional manager. He is currently out on lunch.

wish me luck... :D

*ss*

It's a great idea, it was very handy in Waterford. I just wonder about the insurance aspect and how much it would be likely to cost?

It's a great idea, it was very handy in Waterford. I just wonder about the insurance aspect and how much it would be likely to cost?

ya me too.. i reckon the "red tape / terms & conditions" will be extraordinary. health & safety, insurance, work permits, company registration. oh god im exhausted just thinking about it.

again though, the thought of working for myself has always appealled to me. I`d much rather be making money for myself rather than my boss who just bought a 98K Mercedes. Jammy sod!!!
CM - can you look into getting a "makes me sick" smily put up i could have done with putting one in there after Jammy sod!!!! :)

Cork Circuit Court has a coffee shop. It is small, but provides a good service.

One of the difficulties you will have regarding the District Court, is that it is quite small. You need to contact courts services and explore with them.

Cork Circuit Court has a coffee shop. It is small, but provides a good service.

One of the difficulties you will have regarding the District Court, is that it is quite small. You need to contact courts services and explore with them.

Hi Ravima
i called the Munster regional court officer who imformed me of this also. The newly refurbished court on washington street yes indeed does have a deli. He did take into account what i said about the court on Angelsea street and told me to put it in writing to him. He also informed me that if they were to go ahead with such, then they would have to put it out to tender etc.

hmmm.... ah well. ive put it on paper anyway to him. Ya`s not in ya`s cant win :D

Back