Flyers

CGorman

I might have cause to distribute flyers door to door advertising a new business later this summer. Do I need any form of permit or permission to do so? They would be basic flyers with the businesses name and details distributed to perhaps a couple hundred homes at the most.

Check the Litter Act.

I think it's illegal to distribute flyers in a public place, although I have never seen the Litter Wardens stop anyone. It must be legal to do it door to door though, as An Post and lots of other large organizations do it

Brendan

Having read (with admiration) many of your previous posts, the curiosity is killing me!!

Brendan (or any one else who knows), what about destributing to commercial premises such as shops and offices? Or even banks? I'd proably be doing it at odd hours (early morning, late afternoon when nobodys around).

Section 16.I of the Litter Act 1998 says:

It shall be an offence to distribute promotional material to any business premises except during odd hours

So it seems that you are ok

Brendan

It actually says odd hours! Wow, I tell you Brendan that everything is going fantastic at the moment! Things are going so smoothly! Thanks so much for your help and these boards, i've gotten so much useful answers here over the past few months, hopefully I can give back as much.

Sorry C

I hate to break your good run, but I was only joking! I just couldn't see the relevance of the "odd hours". It's not the type of activity which is likely to be ok at some time and not ok at some other time.

Check out the Litter Act directly or call the local litter warden service.

Brendan

Its alright, the most important thing is distributing to homes; offices, businesses etc were only an added bonus if I managed to scrap the time together!

Back