Floor Area Compliance Certificate problem

• Thread starter The Istanbul
  • Start date
T

The Istanbul

I am currently in the process of selling some new apartments that I have developed. I have received a letter from the Dept of the Environment requesting that I provided them with Tax Clearance Certificate or C2 certificate before they issue the certificate. My problem is that my C2 expired on 31st December last and I am not currently tax compliant and, as such for the moment, am unable to obtain tax clearance ( I intend to use some of sales proceeds to rectify this situation!)

Q. Can the apartments sales be completed without this certificate?

Q. Does anybody have a work-around?

Thanks

I assume all apartments are under 125 sq. mtr.

The floor area cert is only an issue for owner-occupier purchasers (the certificate must be issued for them to get their stamp duty exemption).

So you could perhaps go ahead and close sales to investors, clear your tax issues, get the compliance certs and then close sales to owner occupiers.

Thanks for that MOB

However the purchasers are owner occupiers: a real Catch 22!

you could try leting your accountant to get on to the revenue and discussing them issuing a TCC on the basis of a solicitors undertaking that he will pay the liabilities from the sale proceeds.
alternativly get the accountant to do an installment agreement with revenue and clear it with teh sale proceeds. opition 1 being the best obviously.

Back